Our corporate lawyers specialize in servicing the corporate and tax requirements of local and foreign clients with the full spectrum of corporate transactions important to business in today’s global marketplace.
We provide clients with valuable service and advice on all areas of Philippine taxation including the setting up and registration of business structures to cater to the specific requirements, their availment of incentives, the protection of their investments, and the legal continuity of their businesses. We also extend legal advice on all areas of Philippines taxation including tax advisory, structuring and planning services for major corporate and institutional clients, and the resolution of tax issues, controversies and disputes with the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR). We presently act as counsel for several business process outsourcing (BPO) and knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) companies in the Philippines dealing with customer service, design, finance, and research.
Our immigration practice complements the needs of our corporate clients by providing international and multi-national corporations consultative and legal services for the immigration and emigration needs of their officers and employees.
In addition, SVBB has recently agreed to provide legal support to stakeholders in the micro-finance industry who are performing a vital role in nation building by providing access to affordable financial products and services to farmers, fishermen, street vendors and the like, enabling them to break the oppressive cycle of poverty and grow to become successful entrepreneurs.
List of Services
- Advisory / Consultancy services on feasible business structures, in the context of prevailing investment incentives and taxation environment, including corporate reorganization, quasi-reorganization, or restructuring (e.g., merger, consolidation, acquisition, etc.)
- Tax Planning / Tax structuring
- Preparation of legal & tax opinions / studies
- Registrations of companies with the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), local government unit, and other relevant regulatory authorities
- Corporate Secretarial Services
- Corporate Dissolution including application for issuance of Tax Clearance and other government approvals
- Corporate Registration
- Assistance in Securing Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) Rulings
- Assistance in Applications for Preferential Treaty Rates
- Assistance in Handling Tax Assessments
- Assistance in Obtaining Tax Refunds / Tax Credits
- Registration with Government investment promotion agencies, e.g. Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA), Board of Investments (BOI), Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA), Clark Development Corporation (CDC)
- Legal & Tax Retainer Services
- Estate Tax Planning
- Assistance in Addressing Issues Relating to Local Taxation and Real Property Taxation